Help us promote the ATA’s 59th Annual Conference in New Orleans! Add a clickable conference button to your website.
- Registration is now open .
- Don’t forget to book your hotel room at the Marriott soon, as the hotel is 66% booked!
- Looking for a roommate? Check out the ATA Roommate Forum.
- The S&TD Annual Meeting will be on Thursday, October 25 from 12:30 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- New this year: the Job Fair will be held on two nights, Thursday and Friday. Keep an eye out for updates on which agencies will be attending.
- Not sure what else to do in New Orleans? Read Ted Wozniak’s “Outside the Quarter” for some ideas.
ATA59 presentation topics that will be of interest to S&TD members include: neural machine translation, genetically-enhanced cancer therapies (separate presentations on translation and interpreting), pesticides, bird migration, pharmaceutical clinical studies, panels on new technical markets and patent terminology, scientific topics in literary translation, localization, scientific writing, engineering writing in Chinese vs. English, professional opportunities for medical translators, green technologies, and patent translation for liberal arts majors.
Stay tuned for news about the S&TD dinner later this month!