Thank you to those of you who have volunteered to help organize a division dinner during ATA 56. We are still in the planning stages and could use your suggestions! Please send your comments to Lebzy Gonzalez (lgonzalez at lgtranslations.com).
Proposal acceptances for ATA 56 are beginning to arrive. Some topics that will be of interest to S&TD members include:
- “How to Read and Translate Risk and Safety Vernacular Phrases in Technical Texts,” by Matthew Schlecht and Salvador Virgen
- “Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies – Illegal Money or a New Global Payment Option?” by Carola Berger
- “A Lucrative Sideline: Editing Non-Native English Scientific Writing,” by Karen Tkaczyk
- “Who Are You? Can You Prove It? Authentication Systems in the Information Age,” by Jennifer Baldwin
- “Vaccines: Past, Present, and Future,” by Tapani Ronni
Have you read our blog recently? Comments and contributions are always welcome! Please send your ideas to Amy Lesiewicz (amy at russian-chem-trans.com).