Thank you to Lebzy González and Laurie Bennett for hosting our recent virtual networking events in June and September, and thank you to everyone who attended. Our next S&TD virtual networking will be held in November, so stay tuned!
This is a busy time of the year for all of us, so we tried to make it a bit easier by creating a list of upcoming events and deadlines:
- The S&TD Annual Meeting will be held virtually on Monday, October 3, from 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm ET. This meeting is open to all division members and more information will be distributed by ATA. We hope you will join us!
- We are currently looking for members to serve on next year’s Nominating Committee (NC). The NC will work to select candidates for the 2023 S&TD election and will consist of at least two Division members, who must be voting members of the Association. Please contact Mery at divisionS_TD@atanet.org for more information or if you are interested in serving.
- Preparations for ATA’s 63rd Annual Conference in LA (October 12-15, 2022) are in full swing:
- Early registration for the conference ends on September 16. ATA members can save more than $100 over the standard registration fee, so register now at ata63.org/registration.
- The Science & Technology Division will hold a networking dinner at Pez Cantina on Friday, October 14. If you would like to attend, make sure to reserve a spot and submit payment in advance no later than October 10. Please see the dinner page on the S&TD website for details. Space is limited to 40 guests, so don’t wait too long. We hope to see you there!
- Not sure which ATA63 sessions to attend? We have made a list of events and sessions that are of special interest to S&TD members.
- Check out our interview with S&TD Distinguished Speaker, Dr. Lauren Esposito to learn more about her fascinating work as arachnologist and curator of the California Academy of Sciences.
- We are inviting students or recent graduates to participate in a conference poster presentation during the Welcome Celebration on Wednesday, October 12, to present their research or ideas related to translation or interpreting. Please read Matthew Schlecht’s recent blog article with more information about this new S&TD initiative. As an incentive, selected participants receive a free S&TD conference dinner. If you are interested or want more information, feel free to contact Mery at divisionS_TD@atanet.org or Matthew at matthew.f.schlecht@lcguest