Free Continuing Education
- ATA members can now watch the entire 2017 ATA Conference, ATA58, for free. You need to be an active ATA member and be logged into the ATA website.
- Free presentation series on neural networks and translation by Prof. Andy Way
- edX has a good selection of technical MOOCs (massive open online courses) in multiple languages
- MOOCs in Spanish at MiríadaX
- Course on writing in the Sciences on Coursera – free, if you don’t want a certificate
- Webinars by the American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Webinars in Spanish by the American Chemical Society (ACS) (not translated)
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Academy, Distance Learning — in multiple languages; the basic courses are free
- Online Training by the European Patent Office
- Learn to code with Code Academy
- The Internet Archive launched a “national emergency library” with free digital books that support emergency remote teaching, research activities, independent scholarship, and intellectual stimulation while universities, schools, training centers, and libraries are closed.
Free Miscellaneous Linguistic Resources
- DIN is offering relevant DIN standards for PPE and medical equipment for FREE in English and German. Read more here in German and here English.
- ASTM is offering relevant standards for PPE and medical equipment for FREE as well. More information here.
- TAUS created a Coronavirus corpus in various language pairs to train MT engines, the corpora can be downloaded here for free. Currently available in the language pairs English-French, English-German, English-Italian, and English-Spanish.
If you know of any other (preferably free) resources relating to science and technology, continuing education, and language, please let us know.